Terms on which we permit you to use this website
- These terms are divided into two parts: the first part “general terms” applies to everyone using this website; the second part applies to you only if you are a paid subscriber.
- In these terms, certain words and phrases have a particular meaning as follows:
3.1. “content” means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software, or other information or material submitted to or on the website;
3.2. “intellectual property” means any rights in patents, design , copyright, databases, trade marks, domain names confidential information and all other forms of intellectual property, whether registered or unregistered, wherever in the world;
3.3. “paid subscriber” means anyone who has paid to subscribe to the website in accordance with the
3.4. “processing” when applied to personal information includes storage of that information;
3.5. “you” or “your” means the person accessing or using the website or its content; and
3.6. “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Borderlex Publishing Ltd, company registration number 10165348, with VAT registration number GB 248 3117 11 and whose registered address is at 85 Great Portland Road – First Floor, W1W 7LT London, United Kingdom.
- You should read these terms carefully before using this website. We do not permit you to access this website or use any content if you do not comply with these terms.
Part 1 – General Terms
Using this Website
- Unless you are a paid subscriber, this website is intended only to give you information about us and a sample of our products and services. If you are not a paid subscriber, we do not, through this website:
5.1. make you any promises; or
5.2. have any contractual obligations to you.
- You have our permission to browse this website and in so doing make use of any of its content through a web browser. You may not use this website for any other purpose. For example, you may not download this website or any part of it for your own use. Nor may you attempt to circumvent any access controls that we may impose on any of its content.
- We permit you to use the comment facility on articles to which you have access, provided that you supply us with a valid electronic mail address in order for us to be able to contact you and you do not:
7.1. Cause us, in publishing them, to be in breach of any applicable law or to violate any individual’s rights; or
7.2. Cause a nuisance to any person;
7.3. Promote a business or other website;
7.4. Breach our acceptable use policy.
- We reserve the right to redact, amend or delete any comment you post on this website, although if we redact or amend a comment, we will indicate that we have done so.
Intellectual Property in Comments
- You grant us a perpetual, worldwide licence to publish your comments on this website and to amend or redact them. In addition, you waive any moral rights you may have in your comment.
- You indemnify us against any loss, including professional legal costs and expenses, and against any claims or other legal proceedings, of whatever nature arising out of or in connection with any claim or action made against us that (i) a comment you have submitted is defamatory or; (ii) our processing or publication of that information is illegal, unlawful or infringes any other legal right.
Information about you: privacy
- While we try to make sure that this website is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not submit any information you regard as confidential. Any information you do submit, you submit at your own risk.
Accuracy of information and availability of this website
- While we hope that this website is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that this website will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information of this website is at your own risk.
- We may suspend or terminate operation of this website at any time as we see fit.
- Any content is provided for your general information purposes only. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied upon for any purposes.
Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
- Except where any of our content is associated with a more specific intellectual property licence – whether it is more or less restrictive than this one – and to the extent that you need our permission to do so, we give you a licence to use all intellectual property rights in the content that is accessible to you, but only for the purpose of browsing the website using conventional web browsing tools. In particular, you may not share copies of any of our content with others, whether by printing it out and distributing physical copies, or by circulation in electronic form. We offer group subscriptions if you wish multiple individuals in your organisation to be able to access our content.
Changes to these terms
- We reserve the right to vary these terms from time to time. Our new terms will be displayed on this website and by continuing to use and access this website following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms from time to time to verify such variations.
Hyperlinks and third party sites
- This website may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than this website. Any hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
Disputes and liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury caused by our negligence and our statutory duties under data protection law), if you are not a paid subscriber, we have no liability to you connected with your use of our website. For example, we are not liable for
21.1. any missing or inaccurate content;
21.2. any unavailability of the website;
21.3. any incompatibility of this website with any particular browser or browser plugin; or
21.4. economic loss or other loss of turnover, profit, business or goodwill.
- These terms are to be interpreted in accordance with English law and the courts of England shall have jurisdiction to settle any disputes arising from your use of the website or any contract you may have formed with us through the website.
- You may create an account by using the appropriate registration form.
- Either you or we may terminate your account at any time and for any lawful reason, without being required to give an explanation. If you wish to terminate your account you may do so by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org ].
Part 2 – Paying Subscriber Terms
How to subscribe
- You may apply to become a paid subscriber by emailing email@example.com or by filling in the requisite form on the following webpage. We reserve the right to refuse any apply for a subscription.
Prices and Payment
- The price per individual is that advertised on our website at the time you subscribe. You must pay the subscription price in advance at the start of each subscription period, as follows: when we have accepted your application to become a paid subscriber, or we have renewed your subscription automatically, we will send you an invoice. You must pay within the time period and in the manner specified in the invoice.
- We may suspend your subscription if, and so long as, your payments are late.
- We will notify you in advance of the end of a subscription period. If you do not inform us that you wish to cancel your subscription, we will assume that you wish us to renew it at our currently advertised prices.
- Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you will have a right to cancel your subscription within 14 days without charge. You may cancel your subscription by [emailing firstname.lastname@example.org]. If you cancel within the first 14 days, we will reimburse you using the same means of payment as you used to pay for the services. You will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you wish to cancel at any other time, you may do so in the same way, and we will refund you the amount of your subscription due from the end of the month in which you cancel. We will not refund you for fractions of a month.
- You must keep your login credentials (username and password) secret and not share them with anyone else. This agreement is personal to you. You may not permit anyone else to access this website using your login credentials.
- We may, entirely at our discretion, agree for you to have a free subscription. A free subscription is available on the same terms as a paid subscription, but will be without charge for the period we specify.
- We may, in our discretion, terminate or extend a free subscription at any time.
- We do not consider it to be ethical to automatically convert a free subscription into a paid one. When your free subscription comes to an end, you will need to convert it to a paid subscription or risk having your access to this website restricted.
Termination by us
- We may terminate this agreement without refund to you if you:
35.1. Deliberately infringe any of our intellectual property rights; or
35.2. Breach any terms of this agreement concerning the posting of comments to this website.
Limitation of liability
- We shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of our performance of this agreement, even if we have been informed of the possibility of such a loss in advance.
- Our total liability to you under this agreement shall be limited to the amount you paid us in the 12 months preceding the date on which that liability arose.