Borderlex.eu is a rapidly growing specialist publication focusing on international trade policy.
We are looking for a native English language proof reader, subeditor and SEO writer.
The chosen candidate would help with running our editorial backoffice on WordPress.
- Edit ca. two articles of ca 700-1300 words per day
- Upload on our wordpress website
- Create suitable titles and subtitles
- Find and upload appropriate news and stockshot pictures for articles
- Write SEO title, and SEO summaries
- Categorise articles, tags
- Send out e-mail alerts to our readers once article read
- Regularly amend and update our style guide
- Generally make us better than we are on proofreading, style and impact on the web and social media
Our audience is B2B: government, law, and business. We are a niche no-nonsense high-quality and high-impact publication.
We require availability from ca 17.00 to 20.00 GMT or 18.00-21.00 CET Tuesday to Thursday. We also publish in the mornings on Monday (ca 9 am) and mid day on Fridays.
Time commitment ca 8-10 hours of work per week.
Turnaround time for articles maximum 1 hour
Our preferred candidate would be:
- of course perfect at English, proofreading, attentive to detail
- fluent in wordpress, SEO & online marketing impact-aware
- pro-active and ready to improve our track record so far
- experience with regulatory or economics publications
- ideally knowledge or meaningful exposure to international trade policy – be switched on to global international economic affairs
- knowledge of how the European Union works
- have an eye for the hidden gems in a filing
- ideally located in Europe and working with British English
We are looking above all for a good person to work with and whom we entrust out website. If you have other skills – such as social media and communications or are switched on to international and European regulatory and economic policy news reporting, we are open to discussing a broader job package and to grow your role in the business over time.
We offer a flexible work environment. We would prefer you to be based in or near Brussels, London, Paris or Geneva, Work is remote, with frequent meetings with the editor.
Send CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selected candidates will be asked to take a one-hour test before taking an interview.